Monday, January 09, 2006

OEMED! – Warren Ellis

Artist Michael Avon Oeming interviews Warren Ellis to start off a new online column of comic industry interviews.

This is a really good interview, whether you are a fan of Ellis' work or not. If you aren't now, you might be when you've finished the interview. Enjoy.

OEMED! – Warren Ellis

"Michael Avon Oeming takes on Warren Ellis

"Welcome to OEMED!, a series of monthly interviews with various creators, both writers and artists, mayhaps even an editor or two. If you’re not familiar with my work, look me up on Google, I have enough to type already.

"These interviews should be fun and informative; from the POV of one artist/writer getting into the mind of another creator, helping readers get into our mindset. I won’t be asking about specific projects, but about the process behind those projects. I will try and be as honest as possible about myself, and with whom I am interviewing, and I won’t pull any punches if I have them, while at the same time, remaining respectful.

"The first interview I have for you is with Warren Ellis. You know his work from TRANSMETROPOLITAN, PLANETARY, AUTHORITY, GLOBAL FREQUENCY, STORMWATCH, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR, DOWN, DESOLATION JONES, FELL and many other comics and original graphic novels." [via Bad Signal]