Tuesday, January 24, 2006

With Apologies to Mr. Edwards - RPGnet Forums

I don't often link to threads on RPGnet, but I think that this is a good one. Hopefully it will be one that won't end up going down in flames. From interplays on the RPGnet forums, I like what Levi has to say. Not all of it is useful to everyone (heck, a lot of it isn't useful to my gaming situations) but unlike some others who are groping at RPG Theories, I don't find his thoughts to be as detrimental as those of some others seem to be.

These ideas don't scorn or look down upon other styles of gamers, and they certainly don't use loaded or biased language to describe the game play of others. I recommend checking out this thread, and hope that it doesn't end in flames.

With Apologies to Mr. Edwards - RPGnet Forums

Like I've said, I don't really think that jargon does a lot of good in respect to discussing and working out concepts and/or problems with game play. But I'm not really sure if what Levi is proposing is really jargon either.

I guess we will see how it plays out.