Sunday, August 12, 2007

Former British spy claims mystic powers

You know, if you can't figure out how to work this idea into a game, well, you just aren't trying hard enough...

A renegade former British spy who was jailed after blowing the whistle on alleged wrongdoing in the intelligence services has claimed to have new-found powers as a mystic.

David Shayler told British cable channel More4 News that he had visited a psychic who he believes channelled the spirit of Mary Magdalene and anointed him as the Messiah.

'Suddenly my whole life made sense,' the 41-year-old former officer with Britain's domestic intelligence service MI5 said in an interview broadcast Thursday evening.

'I felt a sense of peace, I suddenly realised why it had been how it had, why I seem to get such a strange deal from the universe, when I seem to be trying to tell the truth about everything.'