Saturday, August 16, 2008

GenCon: First Posting!OK

OK, so.....I've not been posting from GenCon. Bad me. However, I've been pretty busy and having so fun. So, if you aren't here and were hoping to live vicariously through me I guess that you will just have to deal.

Some highlights thus far:

* Paizo sold out of the Beta version of Pathfinder RPG yesterday. I think that this is a pretty big thing, also considering that Paizo led a sweep of the ENnies last night (most tellingly in the free product category for the Pathfinder RPG dowload).

* Yesterday I picked up what is the new purchase highlight of the con for me: Ewen Cluney's translation of the Maid RPG. Defintiely not for everybody but is a cool game. I will most likely be blogging about it more later.

* The Green Ronin booth rocked. They've got so many cool new things that I just can't decide what I want. Despite the cover art snobs on RPGnet, I think that the Wild Cards looks great. Of course, I am a big fan of the books so I am the target audiences. Saw Steve Kenson, and he is as nice as ever. I also met Chris Pramas in passing for the first time.

All in all, it has been a fun con and I've enjoyed my first GenCon.