Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tweetup

So, as you can tell if you look at my sidebar here (and look at some of the recent posts that I have made), I use Twitter. Twitter is many things, a lot of those things are time wasters, but I do think that it is a good potential tool for meeting people and building communities. Like Facebook (where this post will also end up) you get out of it what you put into it. If all that you are interested in doing is hearing the sound of your own voice AND having other people hear it as well, sooner or later you'll end up with no one listening. Talk, discuss, build relationships with people. Don't just talk at them. If you want to talk AT people just build a website or a blog and rant and rave there (much like I do).

But, anyway, I am going to my first meeting of Tampa area bloggers and tweeple tonight and I am excited at the prospect of meeting people and at the same time have some trepidations. Will people be talking to each other or at each other? Let's hope for the former.