Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Former WotC Employee Charged

Not sure how I missed this one:
A former Wizards of the Coast employee has been charged with felony theft for allegedly stealing $45,000 worth of Magic: The Gathering promotional cards, according to SeattlePI. The theft came to light when large numbers of promo cards were spotted being offered by a Burien, Washington retailer at a Portland convention. The retailer ended up turning over 1700 cards worth nearly $45,000 at market prices to WotC.

The cards were allegedly stolen from a Wizards of the Coast storage locker to which former employee Donald Henry had access. Henry has been charged but not jailed in the case.
I guess I was a bit boggled by the fact that Magic cards could be worth $45k, and here I gave a box of them away when I quit playing. Anyone out there know what position this Donald Henry had with Wizards? (via ICV2)