Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Live From Gen Con


Tomorrow I arrive at Gen Con, midday Indianapolis time. Since I grew up in Indiana, it is always a little weird to come back for me. This year it is probably more weird in an interesting way, but I am definitely looking forward to the show.

This is me. I'm usually this happy.
If you're a reader of the blog, or if we follow each other on Google+ or Twitter, come up to me and say hello. I may or may not shake hands, depending on how many hands I've had to shake already. Please don't be offended if I don't want to do that, it's going to be a long weekend.

I am going to be making my way through the convention, spreading the word that Bleeding Cool is covering tabletop gaming now and looking for contacts for news and announcements. You have news? Stop me and tell me what you news is.

I'm not going to spend every minute of my time doing media stuff, I am there to have fun as well, so don't be upset if I give you my card, or point you to the comment submission form here at the blog and ask if we can talk after Gen Con. I have a pretty full schedule already, so that is appreciated.

+Josh Thompson will be manning the Dorkland! office while I am con-ward. Anything sent to the submission form or directly to my email will be forwarded to him for posting, so there may be some delays. Get your information in early, if you want things posted during Gen Con.

I will also be at the ENnies Awards Friday night. The blog is up for an award in the Best Blogging category, and I hope that we win something. There's a lot of great blogger in the running, so the competition is keen. Good luck to everyone else in my category.

If you're not going to Gen Con, keep an eye on my Twitter feed (linked above) and my YouTube channel. I will try posting some videos from the convention floor (internet connectiveness permitting).

Also, here's a map. Gamers like maps.