Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Welcome

Hello. Just on the off chance that you are new to this place, I thought that I would send out a quick hello, and welcome you to Dorkland. Dorkland is what is know as a web log, or blog for short. These things have been around for a while, and different people use them for different things. I first heard of them after reading Rebecca Blood's book The Weblog Handbook.

A lot of blogs are used by their owners as personal journals, people talking about what they did with themselves each and everyday. Frankly I am not interested enough in my life to want to read about it, and I live it. So, I throw up links to things that I come across while websurfing and the occasional rant about something (politics is beginning to piss me off these days) but mostly the blog is just about those things that catch my eye for some reason or another that I think might come in handy later, or may be of interest to the handful of people who check this site.

I think that keeping a blog is a simple and very easy way for someone who wants to have a presence on the internet to do so, without a lot of time or effort. If you are interested in having your own blog, check out the Blogger site, it is who I use...and it is very easy.